Thursday, 26 March 2015
I've been hunting for the perfect rose gold phone case for ages. After seeing "that" rose gold Topshop phone case and then sadly missing out because it was literally sold out everywhere, I was gutted and determined to find a replacement!
I was browsing the phone cases in H&M and finally found a lust-worthy rose gold phone case! Isn't it pretty?! The texture reminds me of my Whistles clutch but smoother. It doesn't make my phone too bulky or heavy and its a pretty great price at £5.99... I just can't stop staring at it! I just had to share.
Unfortunately I think the rose gold case is on only available for the iPhone 5/5s but there is a gold version for the iPhone 6! I'm pretty sure this case will be available in most H&M stores, but you can find it online here too... you.are.welcome! xo
Wednesday, 25 March 2015
Hi, my name’s Hayley and I’m an ASOS addict!... Lately I’ve become a little obsessed with ASOS! They have so many great pieces on their website I just can’t stop trawling through - combine that with student discount and it’s a dangerous little game!
I’ve amassed a few things on my “save list” lately so though I would share what I’m currently lusting after on the ASOS website…
01. ASOS High Neck Cami Top // You can never have too many camis, in fact they’re pretty much my go to in the spring/summer months and are perfect for layering in the colder months! Basically an all year round wardrobe staple for me ha! I love the high neck detailing on this one, it kinda gives it that 90’s vibe and I’m diggin’ it!
02. ASOS Plunge Neck Strappy Cami Top // It’s like I said before, I love me a cami and I fell in love with the detailing of the straps on this one, also I don’t think I own a grey cami – this situation needs to be fixed!
03. ASOS Ridley Ripped Knee Jeans // I'm a little obsessed with ripped knee jeans right now and I don't actually own a pair of blue denim ripped jeans, these are just what i'v been looking for. I also love that they're high waisted... it sucks in all the poundage i've piled on recently!
04. Oysho Lace Cami PJ Top & Oysho Lace PJ Bottoms // I love a cute PJ set and this fits the bill! I’m a sucker for lace detailing. These are actually 2 separate items but I can’t buy one without the other!
05. H by Hudson Kiver Black Suede Ankle Boots // I'm a pretty big fan of an ankle boot and I love the style of these. I think these would go perfectly with the ASOS ripped knee jeans that I've just mentioned.
06. ASOS Handmade Retro Tortoiseshell Sunglasses // These are similar to the pair that I spied in one of Suzie's (from Hello October) YouTube videos. They looked stunning on. I need them in my life!
07. Whistles Leather Rivington Clutch in Faux Lizard // A Whistles Clutch bag, need I say more? Since I purchased my first one, I just can't get enough of them, I NEED this beauty! I love the chain strap detail too.
08. Yes To Coconut Ultra Light Spray Body Lotion // You can't look at the ASOS website without looking at the beauty section! I've just run out of my current body moisturiser and found this little gem, I've not seen this in stores and i'm intrigued but the spray thing on it! I love the Yes To range so i'm pretty sure I'm going to love this too!
Its actually payday for me today... I think some serious damage is about to happen, sorry bank balance! xo
Tuesday, 24 March 2015
Soooo… the other week I was browsing the ASOS website (as per) and found this gorgeous Whistles Leather Clutch Bag in Tan. It was love at first click! Before I knew it, it was in my basket and I was typing in my PayPal password, we've all been there ladies!
It arrived in the post the other day and I couldn't be more in love with it! Well, I wish it was a little bigger, but it is so cute! I love the feel of the leather and the gold hardware ...and for Whistles this wasn't too eye-wateringly expensive, it was £40, but hello 10% student discount! So I only paid £36 for this little beauty!
Like I say, I would have preferred it a touch bigger but I don't usually take too much stuff with me on a night out, so it'll fit all my girly night out essentials in just fine. I'll probably also use this to house all the bits and pieces that I reach for regularly in my day to day bag (I do wanna get some use of out this baby!) ...If you didn't want to use it as a clutch it would also make a great makeup bag, I would love whippign this out and making all the ladies swoon!
All my girly friends have fallen for this little piece of Whitsles heaven. If you're new to Whistles, I would definitely recommend checking out their clutch bag range for your first purchase, they come in so many different colors and textures, you're bound to find "the one" for you! Also, I recommend shopping on the ASOS website, their customer service is great, they have free delivery and returns and also offer 10% student discount!
Hope you're all having a lovely week, I'm full of cold at the moment so i'm hibernating today! xo
Saturday, 21 March 2015
I’ve been training it home a lot lately so have amassed a (smallish) collection of songs/albums that I’m completely obsessed with listening to. There’s nothing like plugging in your headphones, staring out the window and forgetting about the world for a while! I always love reading about what other music people are listening to as I discover new bands and different types of music that I end up loving.
Here’s the playlist of songs and albums that I’ve been lovely lately and that are currently on constant repeat on my iPhone…
Thursday, 19 March 2015
There has been soo much hype around the Fairy Drops Mascara that I just had to buy it and try it out for myself! I picked up the waterproof one and daymn was it hard to get my hands on, this baby has been sold out everywhere!
I’m not quite sure what the mascara claims to do as the packaging is in Japanese, but judging by the “pea in a pod” shaped wand and the pictures on the box, I’m guessing it’s supposed to give your lashes lots and lots of va va voom!...
I’m sad to say this product, for me at least, does not live up to the hype! *insert major sad face! There seems to be lots of fibres in the mascara - obvs for lengthening the lashes - It’s a great idea and it really does lengthen my lashes, but my eyes are quite sensitive and as a contact lens wearer anything with fibres in is pretty much a no no. When I wear this mascara it can sometimes feel like I have something poking me straight in the eye ball, which then makes one or both of them water which is not the look I was going for!
This mascara doesn’t really thicken my lashes either, no matter how many coats I put on! I also find when I apply the mascara the product gets all over my lids, which is TRES ANNOYING and makes me want to give up! This mascara is also a real bitch to get off, especially after you've worked up a few coats let me tell ya!Now I know it’s a waterproof mascara and yes they usually are a bit tricky to get off, but this one will not let go of my lashes and I end up spending a ton of time just trying to get it off! - Thank the lawd for oil based cleansers! I just can’t be bothered with that!
I was going to insert a picture of my lashes with and without the mascara but I honestly didn’t see the point. I think I actually prefer Benefit’s Roller Lash mascara …I did a review of the Roller Lash Mascara saying that I didn’t really like it, well after trying this mascara I may have to eat my words take that review back!
I’m really disappointed that for me this mascara hasn’t lived up to all the hype surrounding it. Everyone’s lashes are different and what doesn’t work on one might work wonders on someone else. Personally I wouldn’t recommend this product and I do regret spending £18ish on a mascara that doesn’t work for me. I know Fairy Drops have a non-waterproof version, maybe that will work better for me but to be honest, I would rather spend my money on a brand I know that works!
Sorry guys, this product gets a thumbs down from me xo
Sunday, 15 March 2015
Yesterday me and some of the girls decided to meet for a chat and a tea but wanted to go somewhere a bit nicer than just the usual Starbz or Costa so decided to go to The Farm Shop out in Longstock.
This place is so ...quaint! Thats the word I would use to describe it! Its so peaceful because its pretty much in the middle of no where and it really is very "country bumpkin"...
Saturday, 14 March 2015
Everyone bangs on about Primark PJ’s and whenever I see a Primark haul on Youtube there always seems to be some mention about their PJ’s too. Well… I was in Primark a week or so ago and came across these super cute bed shorts and just had to share!
These are so pretty and they’re so incredibly comfortable! I may have to go back to stock up on more!
The first pair I picked up were these cute cream shorts with a red floral pattern on. They just reminded me of spring and summer and I thought yep, you will be mine! I love the little red bow too. They’re just super girly, fun and cute! These feel like a linen material so are super soft and comfy!
The second pair I picked up were these black ones. They have a cute floral print in white and are a sheerer fabric than the other pair. They also have delicate lace detailing around the bottom. I saw them and knew they were coming home with me…I actually got asked by another shopper where I'd picked them up from! They just remind me of something you’d see on Pinterest or Tumblr.
The next time you find yourself in Primark, I recommend heading towards their sleepwear section! xo
Thursday, 12 March 2015
Yep, it’s official, my blog now has a twitter account! I’ve got a personal account, but it was getting a bit too personal, so I’ve decided to set up a twitter account that’s purely blog and beauty related!
If you fancy following me for updates on what I post or get up to on here, my latest beauty buys or things I’m lusting over, you can find me at @sailor-stories.
I still have my personal account that you can follow which is @hayleysworld101 – on that I usually tweet things that I’m getting up to, Instagram pictures etc.
Right, twitter babble over…I’m now going to flump as I'm full up on Wagamamas, ahhh! Chicken Katsu Curry every time! xo
*Image Source: Pinterest
Tuesday, 10 March 2015
Well what can I say; the title says it all really! I decided to treat myself to some new foundation at the weekend and while I was there I ended up picking up a little something else as well.
First up, the Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation - I don’t often wear foundation (I’m still looking for a good tinted moisturiser) but when I do, I don’t like it to look too cakey and I like it to last! I’ve been using the Georgio Armarni Luminous Silk Foundation and I do love it, but it was getting a bit too dark for my skin tone so wanted to try something new. I’ve tried the Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation before and know it doesn’t break me out, plus the shade ranges are great! This one matches my skin tine perfectly!
I know Estée Lauder foundations have a reputation for being full coverage, thick and cakey looking but the light one is far from that tag – its the perfect medium coverage that can be built up if you wish, it doesn’t look cakey at all and lasts all freakin’ day (and night!), trust me! I’ve really been enjoying wearing this foundation, it applies beautifully (I apply mine with either my fingers or my Zovea 102 Silk Finish brush and it doesn’t cling to the dry patches on my face like my Giorgio Armani one does.
My second Estée Lauder purchase comes in the form of their Double Wear Brush-on Glow BB Highlighter. I saw Susie from Hello October wearing this in a recent YouTube video and really wanted to give a go. This is basically the YSL Touche Eclate but with slightly mover coverage, which is just what I wanted. I use this to brighten under my eye area – I have insane dark circles so anything that brightens that area up, I’m all for! Again, I’ really enjoying wearing this product, but I don’t think I’d repurchase this one, it’s not a must for me (the Bobbie Brown Corrector is a must for dark circles FYI!) but it’s just nice to have in my collection.
The next time you find yourself walking past an Estée Lauder counter, I would definitely recommend switching these products and maybe asking for a sample of the foundation to take away with you! xo
Sunday, 8 March 2015
Can you believe we are now 3 months into 2015 already! Why does it feel like the older you get the more time flies?!
February has been a pretty good month for me. If you read my Happiness Post I'v had fun times with friends and the boyfriend, there was valentines day, pancake day and I reached over 140 followers on Bloglovin! I'm kinda sad to say bye to February so on that reminiscent note, here are some of the things that i've loved throughout the month...
01. L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil // If you've never tried this you are seriously missing out! I suffer from dry skin, especially in the colder months and this really helps to tackle that! Not only does it smell incredible but you can also feel it moisturising your skin. This changes from an oil to a gel/foam-ish like texture when massaged into wet skin which also makes it perfect for shaving! Who wouldn't want skin thats soft and smells good enough to eat?!
02. Omorovicza Instant Plumping Cream // This is a sample I got in the Omorovicza Introduction Set a while ago. I pull this little gem out when my skin is super dry and in need of some major omph! A tiny amount goes a long way and I'm sad to say that I'm almost running out of this now *crying face emoji!! This works beautifully at rehydrating my skin, I'm debating on whether or not to invest in this beauty when I completely run out (a full size is an eye watering £105) or to try something else?
03. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk // I don't know how many more times I can talk about how much I love this till someone gets bored! But for me this is my wholly grail lip product! Its the perfect nude and gives me that true "Kylie Jenner pout"! I wear this on its one or under one of my nude lipsticks, I'm completely in love with it. If you want to start getting into Charlotte Tilbury, I suggest starting with this product - I recently bought this as a gift for a friend of mine, she's also now completely obsessed!
04. Rimmel Blush in Santa Rose // I'm pretty sure this has featured in past favourites but i'm featuring it again! This is the blush I turn to when I'm having trouble deciding what blush should adorn my cheeks. For pale girls like me it gives the most perfect natural looking flush and can be worked up for a bolder effect, this blush goes with pretty much every makeup look and I would even go as far to say it should be a staple in every pale girls makeup collection! The next time you're wondering around boots and are wondering what to put in your basket, make it this!
05. Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Collection // I've spoke about how gorgeous this collection is here, so I won't go on too much about them, but I've been reaching for these brushes over any other brushes in my (modest) collection. They're super soft and apply products beautifully! I would highly recommend get your hands on them if you can!
06. Prosecco Candle // I got this as a gift but I know you can pick them up from Urban Outfitters. I'm a complete candle lover (and hoarder) and can honestly say this was a welcomed addition to my candle collection! I'm pretty crap at describing scents but to me its a fresh light floral scent. The UO website describes it as "more than just a Prosecco candle. Light and refreshing, top notes of sparkling wine is infused with fresh summer berries and a hint of elderflower."
Hope ally lovelies had a great February, heres to an even better March! xo
© Sailor Stories | All rights reserved.