Saturday, 21 November 2015
(Extremely Late) October Favourites
Wow! Ok, so I've been absent from my blog for a while... I kept meaning to post but I just haven't been in the right "place" to blog. I hate putting up posts that just sound like I can't even be bothered to write it and I didn't want to put a post up that i'd half arsed, so I just took a step back. October was a pretty busy month - I've had family things and I've been sort of job hunting too lately... in London! Anyway, I'm back on it now, with my (Extremely Late) October favourites...
01. Starbucks Iced Cappuccino // Who doesn't like to start the morning off with coffee?! Confession: I'm not actually a fan of hot coffee! But I LOVE iced coffee & this has been my favourite this past moth or so. I love having one when I'm getting ready in the mornings, its totally become part of my morning routine!
02. UK Custom Plugs Amethyst Teardrop Plugs // Yep, I have my ears stretched. Everyone always asks if it hurt and I can tell you that, yes, yes it does, you're trying to stretch your ear! lol I wanted some pretty earrings and found these on the UK Custom Plugs website, amethyst is my favourite stone, so buying these was a no-brainer! I've been wearing these everyday for the past month, they're just so pretty!
03. VO5 Plump It Up Blow Dry Lotion // I have pretty flat hair so anything that claims to give your hair a boost, I'm all over it. I picked this up a while ago but never really used it properly until this past month... I can honestly say that it actually works! This really does give my hair some much needed volume, plus its pretty budget friendly and smells good too.
04. Max Factor Smokey Eye Drama Kit in 01 Opulent Nudes // A friend of mine bought me this for my birthday, I'm not much of an eyeshadow wearer usually but I went out a few time this past month and fancied giving this a go. For a "drug store" eye shadow palette, the shadows are quite soft and buttery and are actually very pigmented. I can create a daytime look or I can use the darker colours for a more smokey look, this palette is a pretty great starter palette for an eyeshadow newb!
05. Maybelline Master Brow Palette in deep brown // I'd been using the hourglass eyebrow pencil for forever and fancied trying something new. I picked this up in a Boots 3 for 2 offer and have been really surprised at just how good this is. You can read more of about it in my Drug Store Haul (here). It matches my brow colour pretty well and the wax really does hold my brows in place. I even like the highlight powder! I don't use the brush it comes with mind, I use a zoeva angled brush.
06. Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm // As winter is a rollin' in my lips are getting pretty dry so I've always needed a heavy duty lip balm to help them. I think this is one of those cult classics that everyone loves and I've been reaching for this one more and more lately. Its an all round great lip balm.
07. Tom Ford Lipstick in Nude Vanille // Theres just something about Tom Ford products isn't there? Every girl needs a bit of Tom Ford in their lives! Tom Ford lipsticks are so buttery smooth and the packaging is so pretty and chic - they're just the most glamorous lipsticks of them all! As you can tell (if you read my blog) my nude lipstick phase is still going strong. You just can't beat a good nude lipstick.
Well that's my little round up if the things I was obsessing over in October. I'm not doing a "non-beauty favourites" for October as I've kinda left it a bit late, so I just bundled my coffee favourite into this post lol.
I'm currently sat writing this post in bed, on a Saturday morning with an iced coffee, the wind is howling and i've got my fairy lights on... lawd I feel so cosy right now! Hope all you lovelies have a great weekend! xo
© Sailor Stories | All rights reserved.