Monday, 30 May 2016
A NYX counter FINALLY came to my local Boots store and the inevitable happened!...
I just couldn't help myself, I got a whatsapp from a friend of mine saying that the NYX counter had at long last got its ass to Boots and I was like a moth to a flame. I'd been toying with the idea of making an online purchase but I'm so glad I waited, being able to swatch makes its so much better!
Tuesday, 24 May 2016
Wednesday, 18 May 2016
If you haven’t heard about the Too Faced HangoveR X Replenishing Face Primer by now, where have you been? Seriously? Everyone's been raving about this, and I for one now totally see why!
Sunday, 15 May 2016
If you read my "30 Facts About Me Post" then you'll probably already know that I have a pretty decent collection of tattoos. I hadn’t been tattooed in ages and was forever banging on about getting my lower shins tattooed so I though this pay day I'm just going to put my money where my mouth is and do something about it!
I wanted geometrical type flowers on each of my lower shins; I wanted them to be different on each shin and original so I spoke to my tattooist before booking to make sure that was something he would be able to do. Side Note: My preference when it comes to tattoo styles is pretty traditional with with tick outlines and a darker shade pallet.
So about a week ago now I got this baby done. I wasn’t man enough (and didn’t really have the funds) to get both shins completed in one session so for now I just have my right shin tattooed. I love her!... I'm booked in at the end of the month to get my other shin tattooed though eeep!
A lot of people we're like "ooo isn't it going to hurt on your shin, there's no meat there". Well getting any tattoo hurts and it really depends on the individual, I mean for me, when I got my back tattooed, I cried, whereas my boyfriend found his back to be fine. For me personally, having my shins tattooed was really, easy! Obviously it was uncomfortable and still a bit painful but it was totally bearable! I was able to sit there have a chat, go on my phone, it was completely fine for me. I think thats why Im so excited to get my next one done.
I will just briefly mention that a day or 2 after having my tattoo done my ankle swelled up like a bitch! It wasn't painful or anything, I think it swelled up because my lower shin took a pretty good pounding for about 2 and a half hours. The swelling went down in a couple of days though... my tattoo has now gone through that itchy stage (its the worst!) and now its going through the dry stage, but its still looking beautiful!
For anyone wondering, I get tattooed at Sharp Practice in Salisbury and my Tattooist is Darren (you can find him on Instagram, his user name is @redbeard_tattooer).
If ya'll have any questions about tattoos, just leave me a comment below and I'll answer them as best I can. I'm thinking about doing a post about all my tattoos and piercings, but I'm not sure. xo
Saturday, 14 May 2016
I'm just going to jump right in and tell you what I picked up…
Monday, 9 May 2016
It feels like only yesterday I was writing my March favourites and now I'm writing up my April favourites, madness! This year really is flying by.
April has had some ups and downs for me (you'll know this if you read my allergic reaction story!) So I've had to be really selective with what I've used/put on my face this month! There are a few things that made the cut...
01. Prada Candy Perfume // I tried a sample of this perfume at the start of the month and fell head over heels for it! I couldn't wait to get my hands on a bottle... so ta very much Escentual! Its a very sweet yet grown up scent, I just love it!
02. Sephora Collection Pearl Eye Mask // This mask is a miracle worker! I've written a whole blog post raving about it - you can read that here. I've actually just made another cheeky Sephora order (so keep your eyes peeled for that!) and it resulted in me picking up 4 of these babies... plus 2 other eye masks from the Sephora Collection range. This was hands down one of the best, most comfortable eye masks I've ever used, EVER! I can't rave about these masks enough!
03. E45 cream // When I had my allergic reaction (if you want to know more - you can find out here) this was the only moisturiser I could use on my face that didn't make my skin worse or feel aggravated. I bloody love this moisturiser and still use it now my skin has gone back to (sort of) normal. It just suits my sensitive skin so well, it doesn't turn my skin red, it doesn't break me out, its just so soothing and hydrating - would recommend this to anyone that is struggling to find a moisture to help combat dry and sensitive skin!!
04. Tatcha Skin Mist // I mentioned this in last months favourites and for good reason... this is just beautiful! Like I said before, I've had a tough skin journey this past month and this has been a great help to combat the dryness and dullness that the allergic reaction left behind.
05. Glam Glow Mud Mask // I'm head over heels for this mask! Not only does this leave me with "really good skin day" skin, but just gives my complexion that little boost. My skin feels super soft and is definitely more radiant looking after applying this mask!
06. Liquid Lipsticks // If you've been reading my blog lately, you know I'm having a liquid lipstick moment. If its not the Kylie Jenner liquid lipstick in Candy K its the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks in Vampire and Nosferatu. All totally gorgeous shades and ones that you all need to get your hands on in my opinion!
Hope all you beauties have had a great weekend in the sunshine! This post was supposed to go up on Saturday but it was so beautiful I ended up going to Durdle Door in west Lulworth (if you want to see pics, I might pop up a little post about it, or you can go stalk my Instagram @hayl5t0rm) and then spent the day out in the countryside seeing friends on Sunday xo
Ps. Don't forget, I'm planning to do a little giveaway when I hit 500 bloglovin followers!!! ... It may or may not include a few goodies from Sephora ;) xo
© Sailor Stories | All rights reserved.